BMW 320d Alternator Failure Repair
This BMW 320d was brought into GP Motor Works by a client with alternator problems. The car was battling to start and various onboard systems were behaving erratically.
Our diagnosis showed the alternator was faulty. We removed the unit to thoroughly inspect it. We gave the owner the option of repairing the alternator or installing a replacement part.
Common Indications The Alternator is Failing
The alternator is essentially the generator in the engine, and all the other electrical components in the car will not work properly if the alternator is faulty.
- Malfunctioning onboard systems
- Lights which are not shining brightly
- Car will not start or often stalls
- You may hear a whining noise
- Battery warning light shows up on the dash
- The battery is dead
- The smell of something burning in the engine
In this instance, we were able to repair the alternator.
If you experience any battery or alternator issues like this we will be happy to help you find the root cause of the problem.