BMW X1 Gearbox Problems Diagnosis and Repair
Our client brought in their BMW X1 for the gearbox to be checked. The car was not changing gears and slipping gears too. There was often a burning smell coming from the engine.
These are some of the common warning signs when a BMW is experiencing transmission problems:
- the car gets stuck in one gear or will not shift gears
- gears slip frequently
- the shifts in gear are hard rather than smooth
- the gear changes are haphazard
- burning smell from the engine bay
- the engine is very noisy when in neutral
- malfunction messages
- check engine light displays
- fault codes show up
- either the engine or overheats
We ran the diagnostic tests and determined the gearbox was quite badly damaged and needed replacement. The client requested we source a secondhand gearbox to bring the costs down.
We installed the replacement gearbox. We then coded and reprogrammed the “new” gearbox to work specifically for this BMW X1.
Don’t hesitate to call us if you sense there is a problem with the gearbox in your BMW. The earlier you take action the sooner we can detect and solve any issues before it gets to needing a new gearbox.
We’ll help you save money!